Sunday, September 6, 2009

Enchiladas

Hello all,

I made Enchiladas out of Cotton Country (pg. 276) today and they were very good! I tweaked the recipe some by adding the store bought Enchilada sauce to the bottom of the pan so the tortillas would not dry out when I heated them in the oven. The recipe includes ingredients for tortills made from Bisquick, cornmeal, and water but I just used store bought. I didn't have any red pepper so I omited it, but the chili powder and dash of hot sauce is plenty of heat. This entree would be good paired with gaucamole and rice. Everyone should try this, it's simple and good. Enjoy!

I am making Paula Dean's Oven Roasted Pork Ribs tomorrow. I will let everyone know how they turn out.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ladies...
    My sisters and I stumbled across your blog a couple months ago. We were starting a little side business (we paint or make hand made items for folks) and Named it Daughters of Texas...but, then we discovered that you all already had that title so we added the word 'The' to the front. : ) I have checked in on your blog from time to time and I decided this time I'd leave a comment. Since this blog is dedicated to cooking I was going to invite you all over to our blog www.TheDaughtersofTexas.blogspot.com and take a peek at the Pumpkin Spice Muffin Recipe we recently posted...it is listed in the label section as Recipe. Hope you ladies enjoy your Thanksgiving cooking and baking!

    A Fellow Daughter of Texas,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas All Ya'll!!! : )

    A Fellow Daughter of Texas,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete