Sunday, August 30, 2009

Marchand de Vin and The Trouble with Spinach


Marchand de Vin...
"From the finest rib-eye to a ground round pattie!"
The Cotton Country description is right on. I made this simple steak sauce last Monday night and it is delicious and a wonderful way to add a little zing to a weekday dinner for one or two people. I will definitely make this again! Nick really liked it.

The Trouble with Spinach....
This is a solid spinach recipe (flavor wise) but I do not understand the order that Mrs. Don Irby instructs us to cook the ingredients. Her whole point is that "the trouble with spinach is overcooking," however, she tells us to put the spinach in the pan first then the bacon and garlic. Any cook knows that it takes a few minutes for bacon to cook and garlic to brown. I followed her recipe exactly. The flavor was good but the spinach was overcooked and my bacon was limp. I will probably use these ingredients together again but I will combine them in a different order.





1 comment:

  1. This sounds good. I am going to try it. I would love to eat my way through NY. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete